Tuesday, March 15, 2011

You'll see on this first benchrest target where I got stuck after the first three bulls (clockwise from the sighter) just a hair to the right of the x-ring. Messed with the screws, pushed/nudged the windage knob gently but firmly for the next two bulls, finally dialed in on the sixth bull:


I'm pretty pleased so far. Offhand shooting seems easier with these sights, at least for the Ultra -- I've always struggled to shoot the Ultra as well as I shoot the lighter Trainer. The first bench target with the thing dialed in yielded the following results:


That's pretty good for me--I generally can't do that consistently with my scoped American. (and yes, I always seem to fall apart on the third bull . . . don't know exactly why that is. but I usually finish strong.)

enough for now. As soon as I'm done with this post I'm going to attack the sights with some Kroil to loosen things up, and then a good cleaning and oiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment