Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Snow day trigger work

Spent the snow day working on the triggers of my CZ 452s. First up was the American, which got the green YoDave shim tube between the sere and the barrel, and the third heaviest spring. Shot a couple of targets with it earlier in the afternoon--not quite a hair trigger, but very, very light and virtually no creep. Pretty impressive, actually.


Came home and did the UltraLux. This one got the thinnest (blue) tube, and although I was going to put on the heaviest spring, it was longer than the factory spring and felt like it would stiffer than the factory spring. So I opted for the #2 spring (second lightest). Got everything back together, shot a couple of targets. Managed the following target offhand, one of my better efforts. The Ultra trigger is not quite as light as the American, but comfortable with the BRNO sights.


Other than falling apart on the fourth bull (I was getting pretty tired at that point), this was pretty good offhand shooting for me with the aperture sights.

No comments:

Post a Comment